MJJ THE KING

Добре дошли във форума " Michael Jackson The King" !

Пожелаваме Ви приятни минути в нашето прекрасно място

изпълнено с любов и преклонение към

единственият и неповторимият

Майкъл Джаксън!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJJ THE KING

Добре дошли във форума " Michael Jackson The King" !

Пожелаваме Ви приятни минути в нашето прекрасно място

изпълнено с любов и преклонение към

единственият и неповторимият

Майкъл Джаксън!

MJJ THE KING

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
smile
for all time
6 posters

Другите за него с думи

for all time
    for all time

Female Брой мнения : 2104
    Местожителство : close to him

Другите за него с думи - Page 6 Empty Re: Другите за него с думи

Писане by for all time Чет Авг 25, 2011 5:50 pm

LL Cool J, George Lopez Show, 29th September 2010
    One time, and I never told nobody this, and excuse the vulgarity of it but it’s late so it’s cool. You know one time, we was sitting in his office, I says, “Mike, Mike I gotta pass gass.” He said, “What? What?” I said, “I gotta fart.” He said, “You gotta what?” I said, “I have to fart.” He said, (motions with hands) “Well go ahead then.” And I went, prrrrrp! And he went ahahahahahahahaha! And then – hold on, hold up, I love it but this is when it gets funny. So he was on the phone and I says, “Oh man I’d love some ice cream.” So he says “Really? Hold on a second (mimics making a phone call, click) Yes? Hey. Guess what LL did? (beat) He ordered some ice cream.” Yo, Mike was a trip!

Ох Тес ..... някога ще прочета ли целият блог. Струва ми се огромен понякога!
    for all time
    for all time

Писане by for all time Чет Авг 25, 2011 5:51 pm

DR. DREW PINSKY, HOST: Breaking news in the upcoming manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson`s Dr. Conrad Murray. He is accused of giving the King of Pop a lethal dose of what is a surgical anesthetic. Now, tonight, Murray`s attorneys have asked the court for his sequestered jury, filing a petition that says, quote, "There`s a reasonable expectation" -- and I think they`re right -- "that Dr. Murray`s trial will be the most publicized trial in history," unquote.

Now, over the coming weeks and months, HLN will be covering this trial like no other network, and I personally will give you insight that I bet you just can`t get anywhere else. I`ll be bringing you exclusive interviews from Jackson insiders that you can only see right here on this set.

And tonight, I talk one-on-one with the man who is part of the entertainer`s most inner circle. Watch this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY (voice-over): Michael Jackson`s chief of security was responsible for keeping him and his children out of harm`s way, but Michael La Perruque also built a strong bond with the King of Pop. He became one of Jackson`s closest confidants. Perruque`s knowledge of Jackson`s private life was so intimate that he was subpoenaed at the infamous 2005 molestation trial. Now, his name is surfaced as a possible witness in the upcoming murder trial surrounding Jackson`s untimely death.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY (on-camera): And Michael La Perruque is with me now. Michael, you saw Michael Jackson just before he died. I guess, a few weeks before. Tell us about that and that conversation you had with him.

MIKE LA PERRUQUE, MICHAEL JACKSON`S HEAD OF SECURITY: Well, Michael was attending a party that was put on by Janet. It was a surprise party at a restaurant in Beverly Hills. And, I was in charge of running the security for that particular party. Shutting it down, make sure all the video cameras were off, and everything. So, we knew that Michael was going to show up to the restaurant, so I had done my job as far as getting a private room. Michael showed up with the three children and was standing off at another room.

He sees me, and we hadn`t seen each other in a couple years, I guess. So, he saw me standing in the room. He yells out Mike, and he comes running over to me and gives me a big hug, asks me to come over and sit down with him because I had a private room for him. There was great -- you know, we talked about how good it was to see each other. And, then, I had asked him about him going off to Europe.

He says, yes, I`m going to go to London for the shows. And I said Michael, you`re skinnier than I`ve ever seen you. What`s going on? Put some meat on your bones. And he said that he lost a lot of weight because he was going through -- he was doing all the rehearsals for the "This Is It."

PINSKY: The stress and the preparation.

LA PERRUQUE: Right. Well, he was always a thin guy, anyway.

PINSKY: Yes.

LA PERRUQUE: But I think -- like I said, this was the skinniest I`ve seen him or thinner side I`ve ever seen him. So --

PINSKY: Did you feel concern for him at that point? Did you think, oh my gosh, how`s he going to do this?

LA PERRUQUE: No, not at that time, because I knew he was strong.

(CROSSTALK)

LA PERRUQUE: No, I don`t think so. And we talked about a little bit later about the children and how they were doing. And then, I actually used a term that you coined. And I told him that, Michael, I have great affection for you, and I want you to know that no matter where you are in this world, no matter what time it is, whatever you`re doing if you need me, I will always be there for you. I don`t care what it is.

I`ll drop whatever I`m doing, and I will come see him -- or, I`ll come see you. And after that, he -- his head of security or his assistant came walking in, and he told the assistant, hey, get Mike`s number. Always keep Mike`s number with you no matter where we are. We may need him later. Always keep it with you. With that, I said, go on back to your party, and I`ll see you later. That was the last time I saw him.

PINSKY: I`m actually moved that you used that word affection, because that`s a very special kind of relationship with somebody like this when you feel that deep affection and you appreciate them as a person.

LA PERRUQUE: Exactly.

PINSKY: You`ve known him for a lot of years.

LA PERRUQUE: Yes, I started with him at the end of 2000, and I worked for him through 2004. And then, he asked me to come back to work for him in 2007 through 2008.

PINSKY: It`s kind of a special thing, because he`s not a cartoon character to you or the King of Pop. He`s a human being that you have real affection for you. Appreciate him as a person. And I want to get into that as we talk today. Let me ask you this. Where were you on June 25th, 2009, when you found out that Michael was dead?

LA PERRUQUE: I was at San Jose Airport. I was just finishing up a business meeting. And, I was at the airport, and then, all of a sudden, I heard -- you know, I saw a lot of people were starting to talk with each other and cell phones going off, and you know, you could definitely tell that there was some kind of a --

PINSKY: Something happened.

LA PERRUQUE: Some event that was happening that was catching everybody`s attention. And, then, I got a phone call from a person that I worked with on Michael`s detail, and she was very close with Michael. And she says well, Michael just had a heart attack. And I need you to meet me over at the hospital. And I, of course, said, well, of course, but I`m up here in San Jose. I`m about ready to jump on a flight.

As soon as I get down to Burbank Airport, I`ll, you know, get in my car and I`ll meet you over there. And, it was a few minutes after that that I guess another network had broke the news that he had died. And then, of course, there is quite a bit of hubbub in the airport.

PINSKY: Did you get to the emergency room?

LA PERRUQUE: I finally did towards the end of the day. Yes, I did. And, anyway, she had told me that, you know, Michael passed away on the phone. And, then, she says, you know, I can`t believe it. I refuse to believe it.

PINSKY: Did it surprise you? Did it really surprise you?

LA PERRUQUE: You know, yes. It surprised me.

PINSKY: You had just seen him. He looked ill. He didn`t look well. He had a lot of stress coming. We`re going to talk in a minute about the drug use that you did or didn`t see. So, but first, what I want to do is go to a recording. On the day Michael Jackson died, a security guard who, I guess, still works for you now, a guy named Alberto Alvarez?

LA PERRUQUE: Yes.

PINSKY: He made this 911 call from Jackson`s bedroom. Let`s listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He`s unconscious? He`s not breathing?

VOICE OF ALBERTO ALVAREZ, JACKSON`S FORMER BODYGUARD: Yes, he`s not breathing, sir.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. And he`s not conscious either.

ALVAREZ: No. He`s not conscious, sir.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. All right. Is he on the floor? Where is he at right now?

ALVAREZ: He`s on the bed, sir. He`s on the bed.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. Let`s get him on the floor.

ALVAREZ: OK.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK. Let`s get him down to the floor. I`m going to help you with CPR right now, OK?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: And Mr. Alvarez still works for you to this day?

PINSKY: How do you feel when you hear that phone call?

LA PERRUQUE: You know, it`s sort of chilling at the same time. I feel for Alberto, because I know him. And, he`s a really good guy.

PINSKY: Funny, you can kind of tell that. You can tell his real genuine concern, and he was doing his job.

LA PERRUQUE: He was doing his job, but if you can imagine, you know, the situation happening and how surreal it must be. And you have to -- as a protection agent, someone as protecting someone, you have a certain amount of duty and responsibility towards that person. And to realize that this person that you`re in charge of his care has, you know, passed away or something like that, especially at the magnitude of the popularity of Michael.

PINSKY: Does Alberto to this day feel guilt? Does he lay blame with Dr. Murray? I don`t want you to speak on his behalf, you can`t, but people in the room, how did they feel about what went down, I wonder.

LA PERRUQUE: I can`t answer that. And, I`ve had conversations with Alberto. And, not only does he work for me, but he is a personal friend of mine.

PINSKY: Maybe I`ll ask him to come and talk to us himself. Let me ask you this. Did you ever imagine that drugs would kill Michael Jackson?

LA PERRUQUE: No. You know, you want to hope for the best.

PINSKY: Impacting to that response, though, I suspect, is you did see him doing drugs or you were aware he was doing drugs.

LA PERRUQUE: I was aware that he was doing drugs.

PINSKY: Were you aware of the magnitude of the problem?

PINSKY: And so, when you say you hope for the best, you hoped he didn`t die of it?

LA PERRUQUE: Of course.

PINSKY: Were you aware of his use of propofol?

LA PERRUQUE: No. I had never -- I never heard of the word propofol before. It came out after his passing.

PINSKY: And given -- I mean, for me -- I will just tell you, propofol used outside of a hospital was a bizarre. I mean, when I heard about that, it`s like really, like an asteroid hit outside my house or something. It`s like, what world does that happen? But OK. So, that was happening, and apparently, been happening for awhile, I guess. What are your thoughts in the charges against Conrad Murray? Do you have any?

LA PERRUQUE: Well, my personal thoughts would be that the charges are very -- they are the correct charges against (ph) regarding manslaughter charges. I don`t think that Conrad Murray would have any kind of predetermined thoughts to, you know, wanting to kill the King of Pop.

PINSKY: Premeditation.

LA PERRUQUE: Premeditation.

PINSKY: How do you respond to some of the Jackson family like La Toya who say that Murray was just sort of the fall guy for a bigger guilty party? It`s sort of, you know, inadvertent murder like they were worked into doubt (ph) or something. It seems to be the implication.

LA PERRUQUE: Well, it would almost sound like it`s some kind of conspiracy.
    PINSKY: Yes.

LA PERRUQUE: And I don`t think that conspiracy was in there. I think that everybody deals with their own grieving process in a certain way. And, that you just don`t want to believe that, you know, for his family members that someone would do that or would need to take some kind of medication that would ultimately kill them.

PINSKY: In terms -- again, in speaking about his use of medication, the producers told me that you actually -- he would be so, I guess, intoxicated or affected by medication that, sometimes, you`d actually have to carry him out of meetings?

LA PERRUQUE: Yes. There were a few meeting a few times where he seemed to be under the influence of some kind of stimulant, and he would basically sit there and just pass out. So, I would have to walk in and stop the meeting. And then, basically, try to wake him up and then carry him into his room. And, I would unzip his boots, put him in bed, and then, for the next couple hours, I would just sit there and watch him just to make sure he was breathing.

PINSKY: Was there a doctor that you would call to come and to attend at that point?

LA PERRUQUE: No.

PINSKY: That seems strange to me.

LA PERRUQUE: He was being seen by physicians. And, I guess, because I had seen it so many times that I felt comfortable in just being able to watch him. And then, of course, if he has stopped breathing or if it did take a turn for the worse, then, of course, I would have called the 911.

PINSKY: Of course.

LA PERRUQUE: Not even (ph) waited for a doctor.

PINSKY: OK. Up next, as a part of Michael`s inner circle, Michael La Perruque also spent countless hours with Jackson`s children. So, we`re going to find out what Prince, Paris, and Blanket are really like and what kind of dad was the King of Pop. We`ll find that out next. Stay with us.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PARIS HILTON, MICHAEL JACKSON`S DAUGHTER: I just wanted to say ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: That really was just one of the saddest moments. That was Paris Jackson speaking at her father`s memorial service in July 2009. Michael La Perruque, he`s Jackson`s chief of security speaking (ph) over to me and said, you know, during that, none of us -- no one had a dry eye during that service. He, of course, was there. You spent a lot of time with Michael. What was he like as a dad?

LA PERRUQUE: He was an excellent father. You would not believe the extent that he would go to just to make sure that he provided a very normal life for his children.

PINSKY: So, they weren`t spoiled that they weren`t sent away to nannies? I understand each one had their own little team, isn`t that right?

PINSKY: That`s what the rumor. Well, this is the part, you know, I`m trying to imagine what it`d be like to be a child and have Michael Jackson as your father. It`d be kind of peculiar.

LA PERRUQUE: I don`t think that there was that much of a -- the children never expressed like my daddy is Michael Jackson. It was just my daddy is daddy.

PINSKY: Now, again, I get that. That`s what I keep hearing is that they loved him as dad, and he was dad like anyone is just dad, but he was an unusual person. He didn`t seem like the kind of person to easily get close to. That that ever affect or was that a more natural role for him?

LA PERRUQUE: I think that was the role for him. I mean, his role as a father was probably more natural than his dancing and that was a God- given talent. So, I think that, you know, his raising the children and trying to just give them that unconditional love and gave that unconditional love back.

PINSKY: I actually did a fundraiser with him at Carnegie Hall for -- it was a children`s fundraiser. And he seemed to always be involved in children`s fundraising activities. And did any of that sort of -- and then the Peter Pan stuff and all -- did any of his sort of almost excessive preoccupation with children interfere with his parenting?

LA PERRUQUE: I don`t think so.

PINSKY: Didn`t get anything --

LA PERRUQUE: I never got that impression at all.

PINSKY: And tell us about Paris and Prince and Blanket. What are they like as kids?

LA PERRUQUE: Great kids. I mean, they just, you know, -- they love their father.

PINSKY: That is clear. I mean, that was so genuine. It`s so heartfelt.

PINSKY: It`s like I can`t even think about it.

LA PERRUQUE: Yes. And, you know, Prince was always sort of the adult around with the other two children looking out after his sister and his younger brother. Blanket, we affectionately called him was always very quiet. And Paris, you can probably tell she`s going to be the stronger of all three of them.

PINSKY: Did they have normal peer relationships with other kids?

LA PERRUQUE: Oh, yes. There were always other kids around.

PINSKY: OK. And yet, their confidentiality was carefully maintained.

LA PERRUQUE: Of course.

PINSKY: Their identity was carefully protected. Was that him being paranoid or was that appropriate? I mean, you were the head of security. So, did you advise that kind of thing?

LA PERRUQUE: As a protection agent, you always want to take care of your principals, but then his children as well. And, you want to protect the children and protect the man himself. So, as part of that is that you`re always aware of the potential possible kidnapping. Michael wanted the children to be raised at that tender -- during those tender ages without the cameras in front of them, without any kind of publicity.

So, we want to make sure that if, like, sometimes I would take Paris out to the local park just so that she could, you know, play on the swings and go down the slides and I would stand there and watch her or push her on the swings so that they would maintain some sort of sense of normalcy.

PINSKY: Were you, guys, part of the decision to put stuff over their face, the masks and things?

LA PERRUQUE: It was instructed to us to make sure that whenever they went out publicly with Michael around, that they would have some kind of a mask which wrapped (ph) over their face.

PINSKY: I see. So, when they`re with him, they didn`t --

PINSKY: I Oh, that`s very interesting. There was that one episode where he held the child over the balcony. Was that just a misadventure?

LA PERRUQUE: I think it was a misadventure. You have to -- you know, again, everybody was saw it from the camera view. And, I didn`t realize what happened until later on that day when I start hearing about everything, but, you know, it was like Michael was just -- he was caught up in the moment, and sometimes, you see fathers take their kids and throw them up in the air and try to catch him or catch them.

And he was just kind of like, he was in the moment and he was presenting his children because the crowds down below -- we had been at that hotel for numerous days. And there was -- they held it -- the fans held a 24-hour vigil. So, sometimes, you know, he would wave and the crowd would get --

PINSKY: I`ve seen what the fans do. They, like, throw themselves at it. It`s kind of wild.

LA PERRUQUE: It is.

PINSKY: But Mike, I`m going to ask you a tougher question. I know you have affection for him. You sure you didn`t drink the Kool-Aid?

PINSKY: You know what I mean? Because we looked at that --

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: No. Not the (INAUDIBLE) juice, but the Kool-Aid. I saw that picture of him in the balcony, I though, that did not look good to me.

LA PERRUQUE: It didn`t look good to me either.

PINSKY: OK. All right. I just want to make sure we`re looking at the same footage.

LA PERRUQUE: We`re looking at the same footage, and yes, there was a definite concern. In fact, later on, I had to make sure that he didn`t do something additionally silly.

PINSKY: Did he do silly stuff like that?

LA PERRUQUE: Yes, he did. I mean, and that was sometimes his -- he was his own worst enemy that he would do things like irresponsibly not think about the consequences later on down the line.

PINSKY: So, himself being a little childlike.

LA PERRUQUE: Sometimes.

PINSKY: OK. Now, in 2005, jury selection began for the infamous Michael Jackson molestation trial. The entertainer was indicted on 14 counts including four counts of molesting a minor. Jackson maintained his innocence throughout and released this videotape statement to the media. Watch.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MICHAEL JACKSON, ENTERTAINER: Years ago, I allowed a family to visit and spend time in Neverland. Neverland is my home. I allowed this family into my home because they told me their son was ill with cancer and needed my help. Through the years, I have helped thousands of children who were ill or in distress. These vents have caused a nightmare for my family, my children, and me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: In June 2005, the jury found Jackson not guilty on all 14 charges. Mike, you have maintained throughout that he was innocent. You, guys, have chance to observe him with other children and other families. In fact, my understanding is you were almost always there.

LA PERRUQUE: Yes. I had total access. I was -- whenever he was leaving Neverland Ranch, that`s basically when I went into action. I was in charge of his travel team and then provided the protection dealing with whatever the event was, whether it was a public event or something along those lines. So, there was a lot of interaction with, you know --

PINSKY: Did you see him with this family that had --

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: The ones that had these allegations against him?

LA PERRUQUE: Yes. In fact, they came down to Florida, Miami, Florida, and spent two weeks with Michael just prior to him going back to Neverland Ranch.

PINSKY: All right. We have to wrap this up. Sorry to interrupt you, but you didn`t see any inappropriate?

PINSKY: No, nothing even a hint of that trouble?

LA PERRUQUE: Not even a hit.

PINSKY: That`s what I understood you to say.

OK. Up next, did Michael Jackson really suffer from a skin condition called Vitiligo. And, did his nose fall? We`re going to talk to Mike La Perruque about the facts versus the fictions when we come back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: My special guest tonight served as Michael Jackson`s head of security. His name is Mike La Perruque. He was also Michael`s confidant. He knows about the truth versus the fiction. He knows about his skin condition, but before we start about his Vitiligo, you just link (ph) over to me again. I want to bring you back here. I`ve got a million more questions for you, but you said something about him trying to get away from the drugs. Tell me that again.

LA PERRUQUE: Yes. Michael worked very hard to try to get away from the drugs. I knew about him using certain prescription drugs, but he wanted to be clean. He did not like taking the medications. And, he was strongly against any kind of illegal narcotics. So, I know of two times that he worked hard working with doctors to try to get himself clean, sober, and away from the hard narcotics.

PINSKY: I tell you one of the most heartbreaking things I hear my peers tell patients sometimes is I know what`s good for you. I`m your doctor. Listen to me. You need these medicines. Did he ever hear that kind of stuff?

LA PERRUQUE: Yes. Unfortunately, yes.

PINSKY: OK. Look, Mike, I`ve got many more questions about how the doctors related to him and whether they would give you instructions or him instructions, but we`re running out of time here. Let`s get to the fact versus the fiction here. Vitiligo. Did he have Vitiligo and is that why he lightened his skin?

LA PERRUQUE: Yes. And here`s --

PINSKY: Vitiligo, by the way, is white patches. It is very pronounced on dark skinned people.

LA PERRUQUE: Yes. And you wouldn`t probably see him -- you probably wouldn`t know it, but if I got relate a story. I got called into his hotel room one day, and we were in his bedroom and he was talking about having rash on the back of his legs. So, he says it`s itchy, da-da-da-da, and while he was talking to me, all of a sudden, he just dropped his pajama bottoms.

And I started standing there just looking at him. And he`s talking about, you know, the rash on the back of his legs, and I started laughing. And he looked at me like, why are you laughing at me? You know, when I`m trying to tell you about my rash. And I said Michael, you just dropped your pants in front of me, you know --

PINSKY: And what`s he looked at?

LA PERRUQUE: And he`s standing in there with his tiny whitings (ph) on, but yes, on his leg, he had dark patches of skin.

PINSKY: Dark patches.

PINSKY: Well, what`s interesting about that, that`s not Vitiligo. Dark patches what happen to dark skin`s people when they scratch, they hyperpigment. So, that goes against the Vitiligo theory. Interestingly, he did have some kind of skin problem, but all that scratching makes it get darker. It can also make it depigment, but darker, that`s opposite of Vitiligo.

Vitiligo is an autoimmune attack on the skin. So, we have to look into that a little more. How about this business about him having like major complications with plastic surgery like his nose fell off, which is, by the way, no such thing as that. Anything like that ever --

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: Any weird, major complications or anything that people we could set the record straight for?

LA PERRUQUE: Not that I saw.

PINSKY: I`ve got only 20 seconds. Why did he keep refusing to acknowledge he was having plastic surgery?

LA PERRUQUE: I don`t know.

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: That`s always seemed sad to me like he was hiding and ashamed -- I mean, he had a major, you know, burn. Were you with him during all the burn?

LA PERRUQUE: No. Not at all.

PINSKY: I have a whole bunch of more questions for you. Thank you, Michael. I do appreciate being with us. I hope you come back.

LA PERRUQUE: Thanks for having me.

PINSKY: All right. Now, guys, we`ve got another high-profile trial in about a month. I`m guessing many of you already made up your minds about Dr. Murray, about whether he`s guilty or not in the death of Michael Jackson, but take a beat (ph) here for a second, admit that after hearing what Michael`s long-time bodyguard told us tonight, you might be thinking twice about some those opinions you formed about Michael, about Michael as a father, about past allegations.

Now, it`s a matter of whom you`re going to believe, of course. Maybe, we should all stop and reserve judgment about dr. Murray until we hear what`s presented in court. And even then, a jury is going to decide, not us. We`ll be discussing it all right here, though, the evidences, the witnesses, the facts. HLN had got it all covered. Thank you all for watching tonight. See you next time.

END
    for all time
    for all time

Писане by for all time Пет Авг 26, 2011 6:39 pm

He was on the Joy Behar show last night discussing Michael and his children (they also had on a psychiatrist)... mostly focusing on how the trial may affect Michael's children. Don Lemon of CNN did the interview (not Joy). Sorry, I could find no video on this... only the transcript.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEMON: There is just a month to go until the start of the Conrad Murray trial and lots of testimony is expected about Michael Jackson`s erratic behavior and prescription drug use. But what impact will those score of details and the high-profile nature of the case have on the Jackson kids?

Well, Prince, Paris and Blanket that`s who we`re talking about. And here to talk about this, are Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, former spiritual advisor to Michael Jackson and Dr. Charles Sophy, a psychiatrist and medical director for the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services.

Ok so thank you both for joining us. Listen, why do you think -- have you -- have you been in touch with -- with the children? And how are they dealing with this upcoming trial, Rabbi?

RABBI SHMULEY BOTEACH, FORMER SPIRITUAL ADVISOR TO MICHAEL JACKSON: I have not been in touch with the children since they were children. And to see that they seem to be a little bit up unsupervised in terms of the debates they`re entering into and with people who are disparaging of Michael or their -- their lineage. It`s a little bit disturbing because this is -- everything about -- concerning Michael`s high-profile. And these are kids who need to retain their innocence, their vulnerability.

Interestingly, Michael`s raison d`etre was to try to proclaim the innocence of a child. It was something he spoke about so often eloquently in the lyrics of his songs and that`s why he was so careful as a father to monitor his children`s progress.

(CROSSTALK)

LEMON: But in your observation just as a casual of observer like many of us. Do you think they`ve adjusted?

BOTEACH: I don`t know as an outsider. What I do know is that there are -- whether or not they`ve adjusted to some of the facts of the case, certain things have to proceed. Number one, someone has to be held accountable for what happened to Michael. Whatever actions he took, he`s responsible for and he`s not around unfortunately, he suffered the ultimate consequence.

But there were people who facilitated his demise. And we`ve seen so many of these celebrities who inspire us but who have handlers around them --

(CROSSTALK)

LEMON: Yes.

BOTEACH: -- who are just feeding at the trough and they never turn off the spigots and its judgment day. Because if not we`ll see more Amy Winehouses and more Michael Jacksons -- someone has to be held accountable.

LEMON: And I think you`re saying that -- and that the children are going to be exposed, that it doesn`t get better for them until something gets better when it comes to this situation.

BOTEACH: I`m saying that -- that no matter -- whether they`re exposed to the aspects of the trial or not, somebody has to pay the price for why Michael had a mountain of pills around him always.

LEMON: Got you.

Dr. Sophy, let`s stick with the kids here. It`s been two years since --

(CROSSTALK)

DR. CHARLES SOPHY, PSYCHIATRIST: Right.

LEMON: -- since their father died. Do you think this is going to be a setback emotionally for them? Because you know this is going to be all over the place. You`re going to see it everywhere.

SOPHY: Yes, absolutely. Absolutely, they`re in the process of mourning, yes. But this will set them back. They`re going to hear things, they`re going to see things and they`re going to feel things that they really didn`t expect to do.

So I think the family has to be really wise. They have to really be aware of the fact that these children cannot be exposed, should not be exposed. Making sure that they know there is TVs on in people`s homes and cars and all that kinds of stuff and when they`re with their friends. So being well aware of protecting them because the wound is not healed yet.

LEMON: Yes and you know -- it`s -- you`ve -- it`s hard to shield children now especially w. the Internet and I mean, and you go to the airport and the television is on. You go into a restaurant, the television is on. Do you think and I know you said someone should -- should answer the -- the questions, why Michael Jackson had so many drugs around him.

But do you think with all of these details coming out in the trial, that the children are going to know about it? And -- and how much do they already know about their father`s drug use?

BOTEACH: It`s impossible to sequester these -- the children from the information that`s going to flow through every media avenue. And what really needs to be done is to put that -- those facts in context.

LEMON: You think they know now though?

BOTEACH: Of course they know.

SOPHY: Of course.

BOTEACH: And the -- and the fact is that Michael, in the conversations that he related to me that became the book of Michael fame, he wanted the world to know about the lonely aspects of fame. He wanted the world to know the level of pain that he`d lived with. Because you have to understand, everybody wants to be loved and Michael felt so demonized and hated.

And the kids have only heard all of this stuff and it`s never been put into context. I would not sequester them, I would not shield them. I would say to them you father was a very special man who inspired millions of people.

But by his own admission, he allowed himself to cross certain lines and -- and he lived with a lot of emotional pain and he turned to doctors in order to ameliorate that pain when in reality, what you have to -- the three of you have to learn but Blanket is probably is too young, but certainly Prince and Paris you have to learn from his original message which is that people have to be a blessing to others and when you feel purposeful, that`s when the pain goes away.

LEMON: Ok.

BOTEACH: And it`s not about fame and money.

LEMON: Ok. Ok. Listen, the kids as you said, they have to know something. But it`s different coming from Katherine or Janet or whoever is telling them about their father.

BOTEACH: Right. Right.

LEMON: To hear about it in a courtroom --

SOPHY: Right.

LEMON: It`s going to be pretty tough and hear and on the television, that`s going to be tough to hear.

SOPHY: Absolutely. It`s painful. It`s going to devastate them, it`s going to create a lot of stuff because at the end of the day, let`s remember, every child loves their parent. No matter how bad we may think they are they love their parent.

So the bottom line is what they see, what they hear, do your best but they have to have a place to be able to deal with their emotions. They have to be able to be told, it`s ok to feel that way but let`s deal with it this way.

We see your dad didn`t deal with it necessarily in the right way maybe because he used meds or use whatever. Let`s teach these children better ways to deal with their feelings. Not that they`re bad to have but a better way to deal with it.

LEMON: And the reason I`ve -- I`m going to go on to continue with that question, because as we sit here defense attorneys are predicting that this is going to be the most publicized trial in history, even bigger than Michael and the huge ratings when Michael died. And the children, of course, are going to be party to that and they`re young kids.

SOPHY: Right.

BOTEACH: Look Don, a lot of this comes down to media responsibility as well. I mean what --

(CROSSTALK)

LEMON: The media is responsible for Michael Jackson`s kids?

BOTEACH: No, no of what value was there for the media to speculate as to the patrilineal descent of these children. I mean, if anyone person on this network or a sister news network which is to speculate as to the eternity of Barack Obama`s children, Michele Bachmann`s children, it will be seen and shown in the same way.

Why was it open season on Michael? To the extent that he makes mistakes to the public arena and he was a public figure, he deserved to have been scrutinized.

But when it came to his kids, I saw whole programs about people going on and saying, I was a sperm donor for these kids. And I saw news anchors interviewing him about this and that was just disgusting. It was loathsome.

These children have every right to believe that this is their father. Should the family come forward and say something, that`s their business. But I mean, there are areas that still have to remain private. Michael Jackson was not a cartoon character, he was not a caricature, he was a real human being. He died tragically. No one has really dealt with the tragedy --

LEMON: I understand that but in many ways and even -- I think if Michael were around, he might admit it and even some of his family members would admit it now, that he was sort of a cartoon character in the way that he led his life -- in the way that he transformed --
    BOTEACH: Not in the way he thought --

LEMON: He transformed his face and what he did in order to stay relevant.

BOTEACH: Then talk about those things, but not in the way he raised his children. He sequestered his children from public view. He even went to an extreme for which I criticized him. You can`t wear veils but he certainly never exploited them. Never made a buck off of them. Never shoved them in front of cameras.

So why have they become --

(CROSSTALK)

BOTEACH: And by the way, the family -- the family then shoved them in front of the world at the funeral which again, Michael would have gotten up from his coffin and objected to that.

LEMON: Ok. Rabbi, hold that thought. Not never because we all know the balcony thing. The balcony thing was not shielding his children from the press.

Hold that thought though. We`re going to talk more in just a minute. We`ll be back in a minute.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

LEMON: I`m back with my panel talking about the upcoming Conrad Murray trial and its potential impact on Michael Jackson`s kids.

I want you to finish your thought here because I think the sort of general nature of what you`re saying about Michael trying to show these kids was correct. He had his moments where he didn`t always do that but usually he put veils on them. He didn`t want them to be seen.

BOTEACH: You spoke about the dangling incident. I was not there. I can tell you that on your sister network, CNN in April of 2004, I said that Michael Jackson, God forbid, will not live many more years. The professional handlers around him knew what he was consuming and it was devastating.

So I don`t know what frame of mind he was in when he took -- when he was such an overprotective father and he takes his baby and dangles him. In fact, the people around him should have just gotten him help when that happened. But instead, they booked 100 concerts for him because they needed him to make money.

But the fact is that Michael was in the right frame of mind he was always an extremely responsible parents. He always gave his children their privacy. And I think Prince and Paris and Blanket deserve that.

LEMON: You thought that was one of wake-up calls for Michael Jackson, that incident?

BOTEACH: If that wasn`t a wake-up call, then there was an alarm clock that was bursting his managers` ear drums that they didn`t hear. It is not normal for a father to dangle his baby, even as some sort of prank over a patio.

LEMON: Let`s talk about this because Michael Jackson is gone. We know that. But these kids will potentially be called as witnesses. It was said, they were in the house, they usually came up at this time. He asked me to call on the telephone. He asked one of the young kids to call on the telephone and to come into the room. So they could be called as witnesses.

SOPHY: Absolutely. That`s a legal decision but if that does happen, please, I hope someone prepares these kids for this kind of stuff. The ability to be scared is going to overwhelm them. It`s unbelievable.

Practice with them. Talk with them. Give them something to know so they know what`s coming and they can predict because these are scary times for these kids to open up old wounds and to create new ones.

LEMON: Paris was a victim of cyber-bullying. You know what surprised me about that is that Paris would even have a Twitter or a Facebook account. When I started to think about it, I said, you know what, maybe Katherine Jackson just wants them to be as normal as possible like their friends.

SOPHY: Some normalcy.

BOTEACH: There`s nothing normal about that. All kids need to be supervised on the Internet. Michael would be in shock if he knew his children had that level of access especially to people who could harm them or bully them.

Michael hated bullies, by the way. He hated bullies in his professional. He hated being bullied in his personal life. He always withdrew from that and that made him even more -- he felt bullied whenever he was called "Whacko *****". Whatever errors Michael Jackson made, he was actually in many aspects an exemplary father.

What the Jackson family now needs to do -- because this is a family that in general has been ravished by celebrity. It wasn`t just Michael who had a lot of issues, the family has had issues. They need to regroup. They need to understand that they have to get back to basics and they need to supervise these kids.

LEMON: And some of the kids are going to be appearing at this controversial Jackson concert. In your estimation, good idea, bad idea for them to be doing this?

SOPHY: Look, they want to honor their father, I understand. It may be not the best timing but the bottom line is they love their dad, they want to honor their dad. There`s nothing wrong with that.

BOTEACH: Terrible idea and whoever is doing it, I want to know what money they`re making off. The kids should be allowed to have a private life. Leave them alone, for God`s sake.

LEMON: Thank you both.

SOPHY: Thank you.
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Female Aquarius Брой мнения : 3160
    Местожителство : In a parallel world

Писане by andeli Съб Авг 27, 2011 9:39 pm

“When I got the position as publicist for the HIStory Tour,I was told not to speak to Mr. Jackson until he first spoke to me.I had been on the tour for two weeks before I met him.I thought it was a bit strange considering I had to accompany him whenever he made personal appearances.Finally,I decided to step up and introduce myself to MJ. I figured the only thing they could do is send me home.So,one day,while we were in a record store,I walked up to Michael and introduced myself.I said, ‘Hi, I’m Darlene. I’m your publicist.” He said, “Hi. Are you going to do the whole tour?” I said, ‘Yes, unless you know something I don’t know.’ We both chuckled.He became comfortable with me rather quickly.He soon started telling his fans he would sign their autographs only if it was OK with me.I found that amusing.I found out later that before I introduced myself he knew exactly who I was.He had asked several people, “Who is the black girl?” I was very surprised,that he was pretty normal.He also has an incredible memory.It’s totally surreal.I still find it very hard to believe he’s gone.It just doesn’t feel right.There is an emptiness.It’s hard to believe because he was such a big,vibrant talent and personality.Sometimes when I hear his music on the radio,I get sad.But,then I remember that he left us all an incredible amount of music that we can listen to for the rest of our lives.The world has lost someone very special.It may sound like a cliché,but his death is a reminder that we’re all here but for a moment.Live life to the fullest.Dance like no one is watching.It’s a reminder for us to do what we love and to live each day like it’s our last. My funniest memory of him was when Michael was making an appearance outside of the Opera House in Sydney,Australia.We were standing backstage waiting for him to go on when I noticed his pants were unzipped.I looked at him and pretended to zip my own pants.He looked down,turned around,zipped up his pants and then turned back and looked at me.He then looked at my pants as if to say my zipper was also down.I looked down.My pants weren’t unzipped.I looked at him.We both laughed.He liked to joke.He loved to laugh.I think he’d like to be remembered as the King of Pop.No one did it better.My favorite memory: standing in the wings night after night watching Michael Jackson perform. He was something to watch.He was magical.He was brilliant!” Darlene Donloe-Michael Jackson’s HIStory Tour publicist

“When I got the position as publicist for the HIStory Tour,I was told not to speak to Mr. Jackson until he first spoke to me.I had been on the tour for two weeks before I met him.I thought it was a bit strange considering I had to accompany him whenever he made personal appearances.Finally,I decided to step up and introduce myself to MJ. I figured the only thing they could do is send me home.So,one day,while we were in a record store,I walked up to Michael and introduced myself.I said, ‘Hi, I’m Darlene. I’m your publicist.” He said, “Hi. Are you going to do the whole tour?” I said, ‘Yes, unless you know something I don’t know.’ We both chuckled.He became comfortable with me rather quickly.He soon started telling his fans he would sign their autographs only if it was OK with me.I found that amusing.I found out later that before I introduced myself he knew exactly who I was.He had asked several people, “Who is the black girl?” I was very surprised,that he was pretty normal.He also has an incredible memory.It’s totally surreal.I still find it very hard to believe he’s gone.It just doesn’t feel right.There is an emptiness.It’s hard to believe because he was such a big,vibrant talent and personality.Sometimes when I hear his music on the radio,I get sad.But,then I remember that he left us all an incredible amount of music that we can listen to for the rest of our lives.The world has lost someone very special.It may sound like a cliché,but his death is a reminder that we’re all here but for a moment.Live life to the fullest.Dance like no one is watching.It’s a reminder for us to do what we love and to live each day like it’s our last.

My funniest memory of him was when Michael was making an appearance outside of the Opera House in Sydney,Australia.We were standing backstage waiting for him to go on when I noticed his pants were unzipped.I looked at him and pretended to zip my own pants.He looked down,turned around,zipped up his pants and then turned back and looked at me.He then looked at my pants as if to say my zipper was also down.I looked down.My pants weren’t unzipped.I looked at him.We both laughed.He liked to joke.He loved to laugh.I think he’d like to be remembered as the King of Pop.No one did it better.My favorite memory: standing in the wings night after night watching Michael Jackson perform. He was something to watch.He was magical.He was brilliant!”

Darlene Donloe-Michael Jackson’s HIStory Tour publicist
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Чет Сеп 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Then people were wondering whether Michael had used an anonymous sperm donor. Why anyone thought my brother was incapable of fathering his own children was beyond me, as was the idea he’d use a donor when it was his personal legacy that mattered to him. I think it’s fair to say that Debbie had a dominant gene but when I look into that kid’s eyes or catch his profile side-on, his similarity to Michael as a boy is obvious. But, to nail the myth once and for all, Michael has passed on his vitiligo to Prince. My brother’s paternity is irrefutable when Prince removes his shirt. What really matters, though, is that my niece and nephews know without a shadow of a doubt that Michael was their biological father.

Jermaine Jackson, “You Are Not Alone.”
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Съб Сеп 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Interview With Jermaine Jackson

Aired September 15, 2011 - 21:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

PIERS MORGAN, CNN HOST: Tonight, what really happened to Michael Jackson.

JERMAINE JACKSON, MICHAEL JACKSON'S BROTHER: This is a story about greed and power.

MORGAN: Jermaine Jackson, who he blamed for his brother's death.

Do you think there may be some kind of cover-up?

JACKSON: What do you think? I would think that as a family member, yes.

MORGAN: The emotional true story of Michael's life.

JACKSON: It's like they pushed and pushed and pushed this bird who was injured, his wings were injured, and they wanted him to push him off the cliff and expected him to fly and he fell.

MORGAN: And his death.

JACKSON: What were they concerned about? Their money, their jobs or my brother's health?

MORGAN: The real story behind all those scandals.

JACKSON: If you don't think it hurt him when people called him "whacko jacko." When they called him crazy and this and that.

MORGAN: And the Jackson family behind closed doors.

JACKSON: The crap and the garbage that has been written about my family for so many years and all these other books that were unauthorized, and people saying things that didn't know us.

MORGAN: Jermaine Jackson, the primetime exclusive. This is PIERS MORGAN TONIGHT.

Jermaine, I want to start with the imminent trial of Conrad Murray, Dr. Conrad Murray. Obviously, hugely significant for you and your family and for the world to try and discover if through the process of this trial, we work out what really happened to your brother Michael.

As we approach the start of this trial, what are your feelings? JACKSON: My feelings are, just as well as the family, the truth is going to come out. And it's something that we've been long awaited for. And it's up to the point now where it's been a lot of speculation and hearsay, but I think we're all going to -- it's not going to bring closure but it's just going to give us a clear understanding of what really happened.

I think it's important that the fans and the public and -- as well as ourselves need to know what really happened. What took place. But there's so many things that happened that we weren't aware of as a family because we were kept away.

MORGAN: Do you think that Conrad Murray was solely responsible for your brother's death?

JACKSON: My gut feeling is the fact that Conrad was present during his death, there's a lot of questions to be answered. And we don't know yet. Until the trial unfolds and we sort of get the facts. Whether they'll come to the facts or not.

By doing the book, I got a clear understanding of a lot of things that I didn't know from the past. And how all these things came about with Michael's life and who he interacted with during his business and all those things. Up to present day.

MORGAN: I mean it seems to come down to this. I would imagine Conrad Murray's defense is going to be that he was encouraged to prescribe this Propofol drug to Michael that night. The drug that is believed to have killed him.

I would imagine that on your side you will be arguing as a family, and I'm sure the prosecutors will, too, that this was all Conrad Murray's decision. It then comes down to addiction. Whether Michael was addicted, what he was addicted to, and whether the prescription of this drug was just a part of that addiction. What do you think of that?

JACKSON: Well, I think that, first of all, being a cardiologist and not an anesthesiologist, there's a big difference. Conrad Murray (INAUDIBLE) had no business giving my brother Propofol. I just learned about this drug by doing the book.

In terms of them trying to say my brother was an addict or addicted, Michael, we know my brother was on prescription drugs. Whether it was Demerol because of pains, excruciating pain, and also him wanting to have sleep.

MORGAN: I mean that's the powerful part of your book.

JACKSON: Yes.

MORGAN: Michael just had this chronic inability to sleep. I mean I knew, having worked in the media for years, that he had a difficulty with it. I had no idea how bad it was. I mean he would literally be unable to get any sleep at all. Like night after night. JACKSON: Well, just coming off the stage and there's like 180,000 people out there and your adrenaline is going so high, and you're doing so much and it's hard to just put your head on the pillow and sleep because it just goes on and on, even after you're off the stage.

He always said that he didn't want to tour because he didn't want to have the problems of not sleeping and having to take Demerol and things like that, but he wasn't addicted to it, because his behavior wasn't to the point that he was an addict. He was looking for this, too, for sleep. And he trusted whoever administered these things to him. He trusted them.

MORGAN: I mean when people hear about drug addictions like with celebrities they tend to think, you know, cocaine or ecstasy or heroin, whatever it may be. Clearly, we're not in that kind of situation with Michael. These were not drugs to make him high or get any kind of high experience. The drugs he was taking were all for pain and all for sleep.

JACKSON: Exactly.

MORGAN: Could it have been, though, that by the end, after years of insomnia, that he had become, in a way, addicted to any type of drug that would get him the sleep he craved? Do you think that's possible?

JACKSON: I really don't know but I do know that it's a difference between Demerol and Propofol. And --

MORGAN: Tell me about Propofol, because you studied this for your book.

MORGAN: And it's fascinating what you found out. It's a much stronger drug than people realize.

JACKSON: It a much stronger drug. It puts you out and it's basically used when people are under the knife and they want to not feel the pain. But the key to this is, when you're a proven anesthesiologist and you're in the proper settings, and the right medical field, you know how much to administer to the patient to keep him above the line, but not so above where he'll feel the pain. And keep them from going below the line.

MORGAN: Is Propofol considered by most physicians to be an anesthetic, rather than just a sleeping pill?

JACKSON: I really don't know. But I do know for Michael to get sleep he had to be knocked out. And this wasn't just this one night. This was administered in him on an ongoing basis, which was causing his body to deteriorate and him to act differently and have different symptoms in his behavior.

MORGAN: You as a family, you were probably the closest to Michael of all the family. But collectively, you must have all known that he had this ongoing chronic problem with sleep in particular. When did you see Conrad Murray that night in the hospital?

JACKSON: I saw Conrad when I first went to the hospital. And then when I came back from seeing Michael I went back to the room where my mother was. I was sitting on the other side of the table, like I'm here, the table is between us, my mother is here and you're Conrad.

We weren't this close, though. I didn't know who he was. But I said, something strange about this guy. He's acting strange. I had formed that opinion before I found out who he was.

MORGAN: And when you say strange do you mean --

JACKSON: His behavior.

MORGAN: -- suspicious? Did he look guilty?

JACKSON: His behavior, how he was acting.

MORGAN: Did he look concerned?

JACKSON: Everything. All of the above. And it was just something that just wasn't right. It just wasn't normal.

MORGAN: Did you talk to him?

JACKSON: No, no.

MORGAN: Did he say anything to any of the family?

JACKSON: He wanted to come in, I guess, and say his -- something to my mother and his condolences or something but I felt uneasy with him.

MORGAN: Did you know that he'd been with Michael that night?

JACKSON: I found out, yes, that he was with Michael. He was there. But, see, this is a strange case because this is treated as a homicide and the LAPD who did their investigation and then there's the whereabouts of who came in and out of the house. The tapes are erased. And so we really don't know. There's a lot of questions. That's --

MORGAN: Which tapes were erased?

JACKSON: The surveillance tapes were erased.

MORGAN: They're all gone?

JACKSON: Well, some of the tapes were erased to the whereabouts who would come in and out during the time, at the house.

MORGAN: Who do you think would erase it?

JACKSON: They were in the hands of the police department.

MORGAN: Do you think there may be some kind of cover-up?

JACKSON: What do you think? I would think as a family member, yes.

MORGAN: Coming up, Michael's last tour, why Jermaine says it was too much for him.

JACKSON: They were only concerned about the show. Moving the show forward.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MORGAN: If you watch "This Is It", which I've done several times, you cannot dispute the fact that he seems to be in pretty good physical shape. The rehearsals are going great, the show looks amazing, he looks excited. This is not a portrait of a guy who is on the verge of death.

So I, as a fan of his, was shocked when I watched it to try and work out how it came to his death. You as a family member, it must be 10 times as shocked. Because you resumed, you were talking to him most days. And how often did you talk to Michael?

JACKSON: We spoke to him not that much during rehearsal. But we last saw him May 14th.

MORGAN: Do you know how long he had been given Propofol?

JACKSON: When -- when "This Is It" there was a lot of footage that was taken out that no one saw and because that was the edit before the edit. And it's just -- so much went on. So much went on.

MORGAN: And is that footage damaging? I mean do you see a guy in a bit of a daze? A bit of a zombie? I mean what is the stuff we didn't see?

JACKSON: Well, things that we noticed. And this is why the defense is going to try to paint my brother out to be a drug addict and he was very dependent on drugs, and it's not true. Because how could someone be dependent on drugs since 2008, he was dancing four hours a day and he had a five-year plan of starting a new life. And --

MORGAN: Well, let me throw something to you about this. I know somebody who's a very famous TV star. Very famous. One of the biggest stars in the world. Who's a friend of mine. Who takes sleeping pills every night to sleep because he finds the adrenaline, there's just too much going on. Been doing it for years.

That is a form of addiction. You know I was on Ambien after breaking some ribs for three and a half weeks once. When I tried to stop, it was like having a form of cold turkey for two or three weeks. It was -- these are strong drugs. Propofol is significantly stronger than anything that this friend of mine takes or that I was taking that time. So if Michael was getting this stuff over a regular period of time, he could still be performing perfectly well but, as you say, underneath it, the damage would be pretty intensive, I would say.

JACKSON: That's the question. Michael has always had an anesthesiologist around him when he was taking things.

MORGAN: Someone who knew --

JACKSON: Whether I knew or not.

MORGAN: Someone who knew about the process --

MORGAN: -- of knocking somebody out for the purposes of sleep?

JACKSON: And plus, he's lived all this time doing Demerol and sleeping pills and also, pain pills, but the symptoms from Propofol is like no one knew that he was -- the public didn't know he was complaining about his body. One side being an ice cube. Another side being very warm.

MORGAN: Do you know how long he'd been taking it? Is there any evidence that you've seen?

JACKSON: I really don't know, but --

MORGAN: What is the family's belief? What is the theory that you think about that?

JACKSON: Our belief is that we knew he was doing prescription drugs to sleep and pain. We didn't know about Propofol. I just found out about this drug which I can't even pronounce hardly. But the symptoms, the reason why I want to talk about the symptoms because if you look at the past tours, we never heard of these symptoms that Michael -- not knowing whether to go right or left when he comes on stage.

MORGAN: Who was he -- who was he telling about the symptoms? The family?

JACKSON: No -- no, these are people that were around him. Him not being able to lift himself out of, what, five-pound prop or something, and repeating himself. And him, losing just unbelievable weight. And these are signs of toxic in your body.

MORGAN: Are these signs from what you've been able to work out of Propofol abuse? In other words, long-term use of that specific drug? Are these side effects that you have identified?

JACKSON: These are symptoms of that because of the fact that it was administered in him outside of a hospital setting, the person wasn't adequate enough to do this, and the fact that the night that he died, he was -- he had just arranged a $15 million payment on a house. So that's saying that he had plans of going beyond "This Is It." He has --

MORGAN: Do you think -- Michael was a tough character when it came to business. He knew his own mind. He was the most fabulously successful entertainer of his generation, and you know, by common agreement, when it came to his business, his craft, he could be a tough demanding task master of people. And also quite obstinate.

Is it possible, do you think, to be fair-minded to Conrad Murray for a moment, to be dispassionate, take yourself out of the family position for a moment. Is it possible knowing Michael, that he could have just ordered and demanded that Conrad Murray give him this drug?

That Conrad Murray, as I believe he's going to claim, had tried to resist it but eventually succumbed to pressure. Is that possible?

JACKSON: Whether it's possible or not, being a doctor, you take an oath. To care for your patient, not to kill them. You take an oath to do things that are proper in the medical world. Not to administer something outside of a hospital setting that's not even your area. You're a cardiologist, not an anesthesiologist.

MORGAN: Even if Michael had been --

JACKSON: Even if Michael had --

(CROSSTALK)

MORGAN: He could just say no.

JACKSON: It was -- he trusted doctors. Dr. Murray should have said no, under no circumstances, no. But the fact that these symptoms went on around everybody there who weren't concerned about how he felt. They were only concerned about the show. Moving the show forward.

MORGAN: These are people working for AEG?

JACKSON: These are people working for AEG, working for him, working for the show.

MORGAN: I mean, there was always a bit of a circus around Michael in his life. How many of the people directly around him at the time that he died, do you think, are culpable for a form of responsibility for his death?

JACKSON: See, that's the question I have. That's a question we have as a family, because I've said in the book, why didn't somebody call me or Jackie or Tito or Marlon or his family, to say, come down here, your brother is not acting normal? Had we been called he'd be alive today because we would have taken him to the hospital.

MORGAN: Why do you think they didn't?

JACKSON: Because they wanted the show to go on. Because they knew -- it's the same thing of knowing that it wasn't his voice 100 percent on those songs that were released. It's all about -- see, this is a story about greed and power and money. And not looking at the person in Michael.

What I've tried to do in this book is to show my little brother, us growing up as the Jackson 5, kids with a dream. The human side of him. No matter how great the success had became, he still is from a family. We're humans and --

MORGAN: And you basically believe, I think as a family, reading the book, that the pressure from the people who were putting on this huge extravaganza, this amazing tour -- I had tickets to the first night in London. I was very excited about it. I saw him perform live a few times. The greatest live performer I've ever seen. There were people there who had nearly billions of dollars, I mean, certainly, tens, hundreds of millions of dollars at stake on this tour being successful. And all the commercials been afterwards. It's not in their interest to raise any alarm bells about his health, is it?

JACKSON: No, because the fact that, still, if you have tens of billions of dollars, you still want more but this was an event that was going to put money in everybody's pockets but at the same time, his health was ignored. They -- it's like they pushed and pushed this bird who was injured, his wings were injured, and they wanted him to push him off the cliff and expected him to fly and he fell. He fell.

MORGAN: When you saw Michael after he died in the hospital, how did he physically look to you? Obviously, he was dead but how did he look in terms of the Michael you knew? Was it the same kind of body that you would expect?

JACKSON: No. No. He had gone from 150 to 55 down to 136. He was frail. He was thin. I touched his face. His face was still soft. I kissed his forehead and then I pulled one of his eyelids back because I wanted to look in his eyes. And -- but I couldn't believe that what I saw wasn't my brother.

And for people who'd been around him all these years, to see that and not say something, it bothers me, it bothers us as a family. What were they concerned? What were they concerned about? Money, their jobs, or my brother's health?

MORGAN: Do you believe you're going to get answers from this trial? Or this simply just not going to be enough evidence?

JACKSON: To tell you the truth, Piers, it's -- the defense is going to try to paint my brother out to be even most horrible person and he wasn't. He was most concerned about the world and healing the world and children who are starving. And he just didn't sing about it. He did it. He showed the action.

That's not the behavior of a drug addict. That's not the behavior of a person who is irresponsible, who just want to be high all day. He was never was the type of person that took drugs for recreation who was just irresponsible or didn't care. So my -- to answer your question, we're not going to get Michael back. If Conrad Murray goes to jail, whatever happens, I really don't know. We lost an incredible human being, a brother who -- my little brother, who just really, cared about the world. To answer your question -- we really don't know.

We really don't know. I've written this book to show the world and to show the fans that this is who we are as a family. It was a long process. And it opened my eyes to a lot of things that I didn't know. The crap and the garbage that has been written about my family for so many years and all these other books that were unauthorized and people saying things that didn't know us.

And then thinking, we're from a small house in Gary, Indiana, with humble beginnings. So we were privy to crooks and people who had hidden agendas.

MORGAN: Were any of the family attend the trial?

JACKSON: Oh, yes.

MORGAN: Will you get out?

JACKSON: Absolutely.

MORGAN: Every day?

JACKSON: I'm going to try to be there as much as I can, yes.

MORGAN: How do you think you'll feel when you see Conrad Murray standing there?

JACKSON: I don't feel good about him before I knew him so I'm kind of feel the same way. But what I want for this whole thing is for Michael's death not to be a question of murder. And people's hearts and their minds. There's too many people who loved him.

Do you know, Michael, he was -- he touched the hearts of many people around the world. That's important. That's why the world cried when he passed because they understood him.

MORGAN: Want to take a break now, Jermaine, and then come back and go back to those early days in Indiana. Go back to the young Michael and the dreams that he had and you all had as a family.

JACKSON: Sure.

MORGAN: We reached out to AEG, the producers of Michael Jackson's final tour but he declined to comment o tonight's Jackson's statements, and they ignored the Michael Jackson's frail health or pushed him too hard.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MORGAN: Jermaine, you've written this extraordinarily honest, frank and open book. It's called "You are Not Alone: Michael Through a Brother's Eyes." You were his big brother. What was he like as a young guy? Michael. Describe the Michael before it all became like a circus.

JACKSON: Michael was a very joyful kid. He was very fast on his feet. He was always into things. He was a bit nosey at times. He was a kid who always had dreams and he wanted to play store. And he -- I'd tell a story of how we were looking out the window and singing the Christmas songs and watching the snow fall, and looking at our neighbor's homes because we were not allowed to have Christmas being Jehovah Witnesses.

So these are things that he missed. That if you know the song "Childhood "it says a lot about his life.

MORGAN: I mean do you ever wish as a family, and I've interviewed Janet and LaToya this year and they've been quite revealing about this. Do you ever wish that you hadn't gone through the door marked superstardom to fame.

JACKSON: That's a good question. I've always been told I never left and I'm still that boy back in Gary because no matter where we come from, we never forget that little house and my father being laid off at the Indian Steel, and picking up potatoes to feed us and the ongoing rehearsals all the time. And being taught to stick together. Stick together. You're a family, not a business. You're a family.

MORGAN: I mean, we're here in California now, you've got this beautiful home. It's very luxurious. You've got amazing stuff you've collected all on a material level. They're the badges of great success that you've enjoyed with your and your family. But do you have peace of mind?

I mean did you lose peace of mind getting the way you've gotten?

JACKSON: No, because we've always known that this was just an illusion. And see, success is nothing. It's what you share with one another as a family. It's like, to prove my point, Michael was loved by so many people. And during the trial, the whole world was accusing him of child molestation and saying the most horrible things.

And all this stuff happened. And at the end of the day, what has true value is seeing his family there and supporting him. All this material stuff has no value at all. I mean he's gone. He can't take Neverland with him, the catalog, nothing. It's just he left a lot of good deeds and --

MORGAN: And he wasn't -- I mean Michael was a -- a contrary figure. You know, I interviewed him once. And he had a very gentle, sweet voice when talking about his family and children and so on. And then when I talked to him about business, it was like his voice dropped a couple of octaves and he switched into game mode. And it was very revealing to me that he was quite a chameleon.

You know, he had different characters depending on what you were discussing, I guess who he was with and so on. He had a tough streak to him, as well. But I also felt that he was not addicted to fame, but he loved a lot being a huge star. You know, he played that role very well and have played up to.

He'd go on the million dollar shopping sprees. He'd have the amazing cars, the jets, Neverland and so on. There was a large part of when I he loved, which he craved.

JACKSON: Yes, no. There's -- there's no question he loved enjoying his -- his life. But at the same time, he became a victim of his success. And it -- he became withdrawn. And then when the "Thriller" offer came, you know, for major success and that's when all the Wacko Jackos and the craziness and he's eccentric -- he's lost his mind, all these things they started calling him.

This was someone who never forgot how we were taught. You care about people. People have feelings. He had a lot of feelings.

You don't think it hurt him when people called him Wacko Jacko, or when they called him crazy and this and that?

And there were moments of things that happened --

MORGAN: But don't you think he slightly encouraged that impression by people?

I mean he would -- he would do strange things quite deliberately, I always felt, as a marketing tool. It made him much more interesting.

JACKSON: Some --

MORGAN: And so he played up to a lot of the things, didn't he?

JACKSON: Not so much of the Wacko Jacko. But the incident with a child. He got caught up in the moment.

(CROSSTALK)

MORGAN: Let me ask you about that that. Let me -- let me just play, again, devil's advocate, a little bit. When he did that, I couldn't have imagined you doing that with any or your kids. So, Michael wasn't -- he didn't play life rules by the same rules that we all do. I mean I would never have done that to one of my children. I don't think you would have done.

(CROSSTALK)

JACKSON: But --

MORGAN: It was so obviously dangerous.

JACKSON: But, Piers, the see, we do things with children without knowing it. I agree, he -- he got caught up in -- in the moment. It was just an exciting moment.

But we've always -- we've all taken a child and tossed them up in the air and caught them. We've all done it.

MORGAN: Not over a balcony.

JACKSON: No, no. Not -- exactly. But when -- when children are falling, they lose their breath. So we've all done things.

But he was showing the fans his child. I agree it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but he got caught up in the moment.

MORGAN: What I always felt when he did stuff like that -- was it kind of propagated the myth that he wasn't entirely normal.

I mean did you feel that you lost the -- the little brother you once had, that he became something else? How did you feel as his brother?

JACKSON: Michael wasn't -- he was very, very much normal. How could someone write the songs that he wrote, you know, "Man in the Mirror," "Hero Hear the World," "Earth Song," and not be concerned about the most important things in life, about preserving this -- this world and making this place a better place to live for one another?

These are the most important things. See, these are things that we don't look at.

At the same time, he's a human being. Those final nights of "This Is It," I wish people would have looked at the human person and not the superstar and say, we ought to get him out. We need -- there's something wrong.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(SINGING)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MORGAN: Your father was a tough guy, though, wasn't he?

JACKSON: My father was tough, but that's still love, because you care to discipline your child and to show them the right path to take.

MORGAN: The most interesting aspect of your father, from the book, I think, which is the racism that your father endured when he was young and how that may have been a very motivating, driving factor for the way he became, that he was determined to combat that, not just for him, but for his family, as well.

JACKSON: We didn't want color to hold us back. We were taught -- we knew there was racism, but we wasn't going to use that as a card. But we knew that it existed.

But at the same time, we wanted to go beyond color. We wanted to have a music and a message that transformed color. So we -- we knew that it existed, but it didn't stop us. We wanted to go beyond that. We -- we wanted to bring -- that's why we loved the peacock, because of the different colors coming together. And our whole thing is everything --

(CROSSTALK)

MORGAN: What is the true --

JACKSON: -- coming together.

MORGAN: As his big brother, what is the truth about Michael's skin color change over the years?

JACKSON: Michael --

MORGAN: Was any part of that a reaction to this stuff that was going on when he was young, this race, violence, threats and so on?

Was any part of him wishing he wasn't so black?

JACKSON: No. Not at all. Michael was happy with -- Michael suffered from a disease called vitiligo. It is the pigmentation of the skin on his body, which I said in the book -- there was -- one morning, he had slipped and fell. And he went to the hospital.

And so I came over. And my mother was there and my father was there. And he was very sad, because he said that he is the most misunderstood person in the world. And pulled off his shirt and just patches of his -- his brown skin.

That's why he wore the umbrella, because the sun would just make it worse. And there was a stage of lupus that he had, too. And it was just one of those things. Yes, he --

MORGAN: But all this stuff, again, that people used against Michael to make out he was slightly crazy, you, as a family member, were close to him, his big brother, saw that it wasn't that at all.

JACKSON: But see, this book is so important because all the questions that people had in their -- their -- their minds, I tried to answer these -- these questions by giving the facts. And I defy anybody who reads the book and not tells just up to his -- his death that something doesn't smell. Something smells. And that was -- those are the questions, as a family member, that's in my mind, in my mother's, in my father's.

We're waiting for this trial, but what is it really going to do for us?

We really don't know.

We really don't know.

MORGAN: We'll take another break now. And when we come back, I want to talk to you more about Michael, what he became like as an adult, how difficult he found it when "Thriller" became the biggest selling album in history.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MORGAN: Do you think when Michael became the biggest star in the world, after "Thriller," did it change him, do you think?

I mean, you were his big brother.

How did you see that impact on him as a human being?

JACKSON: Well, I do know that he wanted that. He wanted to sell the most albums ever. And he wrote it on his mirror in his bathroom at the -- at the Havenhearst (ph) house. He would look at it, see it, live it, believe it. That's -- that's what we were taught where we were young.

And he would visualize it and he -- he wrote that on his mirror and also to sell out stadiums.

MORGAN: Well, the strange thing about him is that as he got ever more successful and richer, his self-esteem levels seemed to deteriorate. And I -- I -- to illustrate that, he kept having more and more plastic surgery to, I guess, in his eyes, improve his looks.

And when I talked to Janet, she also talked of self-esteem issues. And La Toya did, too, as well.

Michael -- and Michael, I think, clearly had it, otherwise why would he keep trying to change the way he looked?

What was -- what was your view?

JACKSON: No, but I -- I think he -- he wanted to change the way he looked because he wanted to improve things. I mean, it's -- it's like if you have a zit on your face, you use -- you want to pop it.

MORGAN: Right.

JACKSON: If you see something on your face whether your ears are too big, your nose is too flat or your chin is too long, you want to improve it. I -- I wouldn't say it comes from self -- self-esteem. But there are surgeons out there, especially in Hollywood. And for people in Hollywood to talk about this, I mean most of Hollywood has been up under the knife. And -- and his whole thing was he wanted to correct things and to make things look better.

But I wish that he would have looked at the beauty of himself.

MORGAN: Yes, he was a good looking guy.

JACKSON: He was --he was just a natural beauty within and out. But --

MORGAN: But doesn't that tell you -- I don't want to hammer this point, but doesn't that tell you he must have had -- it wasn't just about wanting to look better. It's more to do with not being happy with how he looked.

JACKSON: Well, not so much of not being happy, but he just wanted to make things better.

MORGAN: Was it like making a record for him?

He comes -- is he about -- was he just a perfectionist?

JACKSON: He -- he -- I think in his mind, he had something that he was going after and -- but -- but these things -- once -- once you start, you get caught up into it and then you want to do a little here and there.

But he was still the Michael that we knew, the eyes, the heart, the feeling, the emotions and how he felt for people. That would never change.

MORGAN: You -- you clearly feel, Jermaine, that your brother is going to get trashed in this court case.

JACKSON: Well, look what they did in the -- in -- in the child molestation case. They painted him out to be the most horrible person and saying the most horrible things. And I'm sitting there. And just imagine you being Michael and you're sitting there and you, all your life, want to do nothing but good. And you're hearing these things that you've done and people who you trusted to come into your home is now sitting on the stand lying and saying the most hurting things.

It's hard. It's been tough for -- for him.

MORGAN: I remember -- I remember all that. And it just always struck me that I didn't know enough about the reality of the truth, certainly not in the position that you were. It just seemed to me that Michael, he did stuff that was -- to the public, just looked a bit inappropriate, especially as he got older.

Did you ever think as his big brother of warning him, it may not be a good idea to have sleep-overs with young boys, because people won't get it. They won't understand what you're doing.

JACKSON: See, but I'm the same way, because what's wrong with sleep-overs? What's wrong with sleep-overs with -- with kids?

It's only the demented mind that thinks something different. It's like Michael said it best, why do you -- why do you relate the bed to sex? We can have sex standing up. We can have sex in the car, outside, on the ground. And during those times when he was sharing his bed, he was on the floor.

But at the same time, these are people/'s minds who were demented. Like they were saying Neverland was used to bring in kids and to molest them. And when you go to Neverland, the wheelchair ramp going up to the rides. He was concerned about bringing the joy to kids who were terminally ill, who were dying of all types of diseases.

This is -- this is a man who lived his life according to God's will. This is a man who really cared about people. And it's so sad, because this world didn't look at that until after he was dead. And he was trying to say this all along while he was alive.

MORGAN: But when you watched the Martin Bashir interview, the infamous interview, clearly Michael did that to try and set the record straight, and, if anything, made it 10 times worse.

When you watched that, what did you feel about that interview?

JACKSON: Well, first of all, Martin Bashir needs to be slapped and he never should have been around Michael. And there again, Michael trusted. And -- and see, why this -- there's a question for us, why does people in the media want to say the most horrible things about someone, knowing that they have all the right intentions to do good?

MORGAN: I guess the answer, if I'm putting my media hat back on, because I worked in newspapers at the time of all that, is that it's not normal -- I use that word in, you know, just in a straightforward way -- for a guy of, say, 44, to be sharing a bed with a boy of 12. That -- it's not what most men of 44 do.

So when the public hear about this --

JACKSON: But how do you know that?

MORGAN: -- or the media --

JACKSON: How do you know that?

MORGAN: I just --

JACKSON: How do you know that?

MORGAN: I just guess -- I don't anybody like that.

JACKSON: No, but you can't just guess, because see, that happens all over the world and people don't think of that as people --

MORGAN: But do you believe that?

JACKSON: Yes. Yes.

MORGAN: You do?

JACKSON: Absolutely. Absolutely.

MORGAN: I don't think it does.

JACKSON: Yes, it does, because --

MORGAN: And I'm not casting aspersion over Michael. I'm saying I don't think it does happen all over the world. Was Michael too innocent for this modern world, do you think?

JACKSON: Absolutely. MORGAN: You really believe that, that he was just from a different era?

JACKSON: He was from the era that -- that we were from. I wish that we were around him more to tell him, Michael, get this person away from you because they have a hidden agenda, whether it was the -- all the people who accused him of -- of the -- of the child molestation, but at the same time, he saw the good in people, the good.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN (voice-over): When we come back, the trial and why Jermaine doesn't want Michael's children there.

JACKSON: I don't think they should be there. I think they should stay away from the TV because they're going to say the most horrible things.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MAGIC JOHNSON, FORMER NBA BASKETBALL PLAYER: This is celebration of his life, of his legacy.

BROOKE SHIELDS, ACTRES: He was caring and funny, honest, pure. And he was a lover of life.

PARIS JACKSON, SON OF MICHAEL JACKSON: Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN: How are his three children?

JACKSON: Very, very, very well. We've made sure that they were in a school and we're constantly monitoring their whereabouts and their interactions with -- with kids at school. Because today, there are drugs in schools, in private schools, in public schools, everything.

But see, it's hard to sort of shelter them and keep them away from it. They have to grow up and be human beings. And -- and, you know, they --

MORGAN: Do they -- do they use the Internet and stuff like that?

JACKSON: They do, but we don't like it. We don't like it.

MORGAN: Because there's so much stuff about their father --

MORGAN: It must be difficult.

JACKSON: It is very hard. We -- we want them to stay off the Internet and that's very, very, very tough. That's got to be monitored more.

MORGAN: Do any of them show any signs of wanting to follow in Michael's footsteps as entertainers?

JACKSON: They're very much into film. They're very much into film. They know about directors, producers and movies. And they have interests to be in front and behind the camera.

MORGAN: Who do you think has the -- the most chance of being a successful actor or actress?

JACKSON: Well, Paris is -- is -- is a star. And Prince is -- I -- I think Prince is into film now, too. He's -- they're all going to acting --

MORGAN: But here's the thing. You -- you have the choice now, because you're one of the elder family members here who can control the way these kids' lives go.

Given everything that happened to Michael and to you and to your brothers and sisters and your family, does any part of you want to stop that train right now for those kids and say, go and be a -- go and be a banker, go and be a doctor, go and do something completely different? Do not go down this path, because it's -- there are so many pitfalls?

Or does the good that you've enjoyed from all this outweigh the -- the bad?

JACKSON: The good definitely outweighs the bad. Bu
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Съб Окт 01, 2011 5:30 pm

It's no secret I'm a Michael Jackson fan. Many people know that he was a huge inspiration to me growing up. Many also know that part of my connection to the song 'Black Out The Sun' is that, although I didn't write the song about M.J - I recorded it the day he passed away and I hear that emotion in the vocal every time I listen to it. What not many people know is that I did write a song about Michael after he died. It's called Glorious and it's a bonus track on the special and collector's editions of the new album.

Given that the news is presently focused on the darker side of his passing - I thought I'd publish the lyrics to the song I wrote in celebration of the light he brought to my life. Here are the lyrics to Glorious.

Glorious

You will never get older and you will never feel pain

Or fill the room with laughter like you used to

And I won't hear you speaking or others call your name

In spite of this the world will still continue

And you will always remain in my heart forever young

Sun and wind won't change you and you'll escape the hands of time

And now your beauty won't betray you and your future's paved with gold

But in my mind you are suspended and you will be forever young

I'm a little bit hopeful that we all carry on

But part of me still thinks we're all just stardust

And from the highest mountain I went to make a sound

I thought that if I called out you would answer

But no one did

And you will always remain in my heart forever young

Sun and wind won't change you and you'll escape the hands of time

And now your beauty won't betray you and your future's paved with gold

But in my mind you are suspended and you will be forever young

I know the rules of the game

For every sunset the light has to fade

But baby a light like yours was so glorious

Glorious

R.I.P M.J

https://www.facebook.com/notes/darren-hayes/glorious/10150324779816026
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Чет Окт 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Michael Jackson: 'Thriller' photographer David Zimmerman on media, King of Pop

The photographer that shot the iconic Thriller album cover, and Michael Jackson's first wedding, David Zimmerman appeared on Dr. Drew's show last night, and he discussed his friendship with the King of Pop, what he was really like, and the media's affect on him, especially toward the more recent years. Zimmerman knew Michael Jackson, and had a lot to say about his friend, and what is going on in the trial, as well as how the media continually attacked the legendary performer throughout his life.

At one point in the interview, Zimmerman told Dr. Drew that he wanted to read something that he wrote on Michael Jackson, the trial, and the media, etc. Zimmerman read some of it. Among the things stated in what Zimmerman wrote is as follows:

"Michael Jackson was an incredible artist, probably the most talented and dynamic entertainer in history. You know it`s tough enough for an average entertainer to maintain a successful career, but then, imagine maintaining the enormous magnitude of Michael`s.

Having to continue to create perfection but having the obstacle of the media looking for ways out of jealousy or whatever with criticalness in order to fill up blank pages and newspapers. To suppress rather than to validate his talents or find ways to inspire it. Suppression, unfortunately, in this country, usually leads to drugs.

Sure, Dr. Murray is guilty of negligence and should be punished and take responsibility for his negligence. Dr. Murray just happened to be there at the end, the fall guy. But Michael started to die years ago, from trying to handle the suppression from his media attackers. They were constantly looking for ways to bring him down."

http://www.examiner.com/jackson-family-in-national/michael-jackson-thriller-photographer-david-zimmerman-on-media-king-of-pop

Tes
    Tes
    THRILLER - потребител
    THRILLER - потребител

Female Брой мнения : 691

Писане by Tes Нед Окт 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Toni Braxton about Michael:

How did you feel when you heard about the death of Michael Jackson?

Gosh it was very surreal to me, I heard about his passing before the press did because I’m with AEG and so was Michael Jackson. When I found out I didn’t believe it because I’m a huge fan. I remember when I first met him; he came over to me which was a really big deal. We were at a charity ball and he came over to me and said, ‘Toni Braxton oh my God I love you, your voice is so incredible, so androgynous – it’s so unique. Breathe Again is my favourite song, let’s take a picture together.’ Of course I was like, ‘it’s Michael Jackson!’ Years later he called me on my phone and introduced himself but I was like, ‘yeah right please like that’s Michael Jackson’ and put down the phone! Then his assistant called and was like, ‘no seriously Toni – it’s Michael Jackson’, when he called back I was like ‘Michael I’m so, so sorry’ and he said: ‘everyone does that, I’m used to it!’
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Чет Ное 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Since the 45th birthday party of Michael's in Los Angeles , I made a promise to myself that I would be with him on his 50th birthday.. And I always thought that in a way quite different from what actually happened. Who was not expecting a big birthday party organized by some celebrity friends with him?
    Thus, in early 2008, the first thing I did at work was asking for a few days vacation at the end of August.. Months went by and there was no rumor about any birthday party to be held. Michael was living in Las Vegas this season, moving from one home to different hotels and, again, to another house ... In May, we decided to book our flights, assuming the risk of going to Las Vegas and try to find it there. This, of course, if he does decide to move to another country!
    Las Vegas. Michael arrived in August and has lived in Las Vegas. Palomino Lane. A few months earlier, a city of bloggers mentioned the name of the street where Michael is supposedly living, Palomino Lane. With this address and the Palms Studio, where he was recording some songs, we thought we had chances to find it. We flew to Los Angeles and spent a few days there, we went to Universal Studios , Disneyland, Warner Studios ... And during those early days, some rumors said that Michael was in New York!! Then Canada, And later, in Santa Monica with Pamela Anderson! But we decided not to pay attention to these rumors, supported by some photos that clearly seemed to look-alike, and we continue with our plan.. A friend of mine who was in the group had never been to Neverland, so we decided to take a different path and we stop at a ranch before heading to Las Vegas. The idea was to only buy food from a grocery store in Los Olivos and make a kind of picnic outside the gates of NeverlandThere is so calm and quiet!. I recognized one of the guards who stood at the gates at the time of trial in 2005, and asked him how things were at the ranch. "It's okay," A few minutes after that, we saw two trailers leaving the property ... We knew about the plight of Neverland, but never expected to see that! Toys such as the Ferris Wheel and Zipper, were passing in front of us! I could not believe my eyes They were taking the toys that some of my friends used to play when they visited the ranch ... Ironically, my nickname was Zipper in the forums, because I always thought it would be the attraction in which I most love to playTears rolled down the faces of all of us. We Canceled the picnic and continue our trip to Las Vegas, hoping that Michael was not shopping in New York!
    . So we arrived in Las Vegas a few days before his birthday. 40 C! We arrived there at three o'clock in the desert city of Las Vegas. We did a quick check-in at the Palms Hotel and immediately went to Palomino Lane Street ... It was a very large, had only a few blocks away, so we decided to leave the car and walk in a certain place, trying to figure out which was the home of Michael. there was no shade on that street!. And, of course, did not know for sure if he was living there I had discovered the address only a few months ago.. After walking all along the street, choose 4 or 5 houses possible, although none appeared to be a place where he could live. Returning to the car to take a second look at the site, we noticed a man in a black suit with one of those things in your ear, standing in the garden of a house that we had not considered one of the possible. But that guy was clearly working as a bodyguard, so we were standing by for a few minutes Another security appeared in the front yard.. They looked at us standing across the street.
    .. What we heard them was something magical to our ears! “"He knows you are here and want you to know that he loves and appreciates the presence of you all.. Are more than welcome to stay here. " They said we could give them any cards or gifts to hand over to Michael. None of us wore a shirt of MJ and nobody had mentioned his name in conversation, but we all knew what we were talking about him.! We had just arrived in Las Vegas and we find it in less than an hour! And he knew there were fans outside and did not mind to have us there We were just me and my friends in front of his house.. About half an hour after the gates were opened and left an SUV. It was the first car we saw, we had no idea what to do, do not know if he was there, so we basically did nothing! When the car was a few meters away from us, the black window is down and there it was! Michael has put half his body out and was waving at us! Finally we react and started chasing the car, which made him laugh even more.. He was wearing a white T-shirt.. The car disappeared by turning right down the street.! I myself had tried unsuccessfully a few trips to Michael in the past, but that was becoming one of the best! He returned at night and stopped the car for us. Prince, Paris and Blanket were with him inside. We all shook his hand, and on several. Michael had his face covered by a veil, but we could see it very well.. He told us he was out with the kids for ice cream and have some fun.. So we told him we had come from Spain and we would have a lot of gifts in the coming days. He kept saying, "Thank you" all the time. That night, as in many others, we went to celebrate with a dinner.
    As we return to the hotel, we discovered that Michael had gone to the spectacle of Cirque du Soleil , see Ka at the MGM. The next day we went to buy some gifts for him and the children before going to his house.. We bought some baseball caps, some merchandising of the show Ka, and a magical game for children.. In the early afternoon, the car went through the gates again. It seemed that would not stop but it was slowing down, the window was lowered and Michael had something for us Inside an empty CD box was a note. He wrote a message ... This message made us feel very special people in the world.. Telling us once again how much he loved us and promised to do the best for us.. When Michael came back, they stopped the car.. But two hours later, he again went to dinner at Planet Hollywood.. This was the moment when the cover of gifts. The children were very polite and thanked us for the gifts. Michael and Blanket really seemed to have enjoyed a DVD collection of the 3 Stooges. In the following days, they spread a rumor that he would appear in two events, the VMAs (MTV) and BMI, which would honor the Jackson 5, so I asked him directly if you attend. "I can not, I have to work," he said. I also asked him if he liked the show that Ka had gone the other night and he would recommend.! "Oh yeah, totally I loved it. "
    Some fans arrived as Michael's birthday was approaching, just that we never were more than 15.. But as fans began to appear, the paparazzi too, and stayed around the house all day. The big day arrived, our King completed 50 years. We bought a lot of things in a Disney store, got some balloons and of course a birthday cake. Because the cake was melting with the sun, we had to give it to a safe, along with gifts and balloonsThe security guard thanked and took it into the house. They told us that Michael would go out at night, if they wanted to stay there under the sun all day. We went shopping for a few hours and then returned to the house. One of the guards came to tell us that Michael had to cancel his plans to leave because of the paparazzi, he would not be persecuted for his birthday soon and having the day ruined by the paparazzi, then, preferred to stay home with children We understand his decision, but we can not help but be sad because we can not see him on his birthday. But somehow, we feel that we celebrate that day together. We spent the night in front of his house. We all win pizzas, which were delivered by security And later, Michael made a very touching gesture. They were probably celebrating her birthday in the garden behind and at some point, Michael released the balloons that we had given him.. We looked at them as they climbed more and more until we lose sight of.
    We do not make it to see for a few days, perhaps because of the paparazzi or maybe Michael just want to stay home. But almost every day, we could see the children riding their bicycles around the house. And earn more pizza on two other occasions . From the first day we arrived to the Palms, we wanted to bring as much as possible the studio where Michael recorded at the time.. The studio was in a different hotel tower, but as guests, we had difficulties to get there. Being in front of the studio, on the other side of where Michael created magic for us, gave us a wonderful feeling!
    We had a chance to see him again. He stopped the car as he left the house. Michael was accompanied by the children again.. We asked him if he liked the birthday gifts.. "I loved it. I loved the statue of Peter Pan. " "Do you really liked?", We questioned. "Are you kidding? I loved it! "He replied with a grin. The "you're kidding?" Was my favourite moment of the trip.. I can still hear him say it while laughing.
    . Our last day in the city came and we had just a few hours before we returned to Los Angeles to we take our flight back home.. One of the bouncers said we could give them things, then they pass along to Michael that were autographed by him.. I had never asked for an autograph because I always prefer to talk to him while he had in front of me, so I thought this was a good time to get my first autograph. We gave them some pictures that we had bought during our trip, and I gave my vinyl Bad. After two hours, the guards returned the signed everything. "God bless you. Michael Jackson – 08” was what was written on my vinyl! . And so our journey came to an end.! He made us happy during those days! I only wish that we be provided at least half of the joy he gave us. Michael. Thank you, I love you.

By: Andres Salinas, Spain from the Book "It's all about Love"
    smile
    smile
    BAD - потребител
    BAD - потребител

Female Libra Брой мнения : 1225
    Местожителство : SF
    Humor : crazy and addicted

Писане by smile Чет Ное 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Frank Cascio 'My Friend Michael': Michael Jackson's Friend Reveals Intimate Stories In New Book

Frank Cascio met Michael Jackson in 1984, when the King of Pop was at the peak of his career. For the next 25 years Cascio and his family traveled the world with the superstar. When he was 18, Cascio became Jackson's assistant and then went on to manage the star.

In the new book "My Friend Michael," Cascio writes honestly and candidly of his long relationship with Jackson, including sticking by him during some dark periods like Jackson's child molestation charges and prescription drug use. It's a fascinating glimpse into Jackson's world and what emerges is a new, unexplored side to the entertainer -- a surprisingly sweet and normal version of the controversial star.

How did you meet Michael?

When I was four years old, my father was the general manager of the Helmsley Palace in New York and Michael became very friendly with my father. After they established a relationship, Michael wanted to meet the rest of the family, so one day my father took me to work to meet him. I had no idea who he was.

Your family became very close with Michael. You and your brother went on tour with him and your family celebrated holidays with him. How did your personal relationship with him grow?

We established a real friendship. We became a big family; Michael was a part of our family. Every Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthday -- we made a point to celebrate together. It became tradition for all of us.

You went to work for him when you were 18 and you write that you witnessed some of his problems with pills.

There were times. When I first started working with him, in Munich, he fell 50 feet [when] there was a mishap during a concert. That took a tremendous toll on his back. When you're in pain, doctors give you medication. There were times when I was a bit concerned. I definitely witnessed some of it but it wasn't a constant pattern -- I want to make that clear. It was based on what was going on in his life, his schedules, but yes, there were times when I was concerned.

His family tried to stage an intervention.

Yes, there was a time when his family wanted to speak with him. Michael just didn't want to have any conversations about it.

How did the first molestation charges against Michael affect him?

That really, really hurt him because he was falsely accused of something he did not do. It really comes down to [Jordy Chandler's] family's manipulation and the father's jealousy. It was really sad. The whole world got a false impression of Michael. Something that was so beautiful -- Michael's innocence and affection for children -- got completely turned around. He was so passionate about helping kids and it was turned around and used against him.

You and your brother slept in his room hundreds of times.

There was nothing sexual about it at all.

But now as an adult, do you realize it wasn't normal behavior?

From the outside looking in, I completely understand how people might think that's strange or weird or inappropriate. I can absolutely see that side of it, but it was a different situation. Michael was a different person. You can't compare Michael to anyone else in this world because he sincerely was a child at heart. He was truly a special individual. But I can tell you there was never anything inappropriate. He had no sexual attraction to children. Children were his inspiration.

You write that he once had a fling with a fan.

He was very flirtatious with fans. I remember once seeing him in the back of a car kissing a fan.

Even though you two were extraordinarily close, you also had a falling out with him. What happened?

It was due to a lack of communication during the second [molestation] trial. Michael was told false information that I did not wish to testify on his behalf -- which really hurt him -- and that was never ever the case. I was more than willing to testify on Michael's behalf. I was an unindicted co-conspirator, so we were legally not allowed to be in constant communication. There was a lot of jealousy on behalf of the people who were working with him at the time. They didn't want me back and they tried everything in their power to make sure I did not get back and start working with Michael again. It really hurt because I would do anything for Michael.

You say that at the end of his life, he acknowledged his perilous financial situation.

He acknowledged to me that things had to change and we were in the process of putting an incredible machine in place with great people to turn everything around. At one point he had some bad advisors advising him. I'm very happy that John Branca is one of the trustees [of Jackson's trust] because, through their ups and downs, he was always great to Michael. He always did the right thing by Michael.

Did it break your heart hearing the recordings of Michael that Dr. Conrad Murray made?

The fact that this man would even record him in that [medicated] state... It's just wrong. You just don't do that. You don't take advantage of someone when they're in that state of mind. It's so sad because if you listen to what he's saying, he's truly concerned about children. He's talking about building a children's hospital. It was so dear to his heart.

One of the things that comes most through the book is how much he loved being a father.

He was the greatest father in the world. I don't think I've ever seen somebody prepare for fatherhood like he did. He was a surrogate father to myself and my brothers and sisters. The amount of books that he read on parenting... He wanted to be the greatest father in the world and he achieved that. I can't properly explain how amazing a father he was. He loved his children more than life itself.

-----------
    Четейки това си мисля, че това може да се окаже eдна от най-обективните книги писана за Майкъл,до сега.

За съжаление, аз няма да разбера дали е така, защото не мога да чета на английски.
    smile
    smile
    BAD - потребител
    BAD - потребител

Female Libra Брой мнения : 1225
    Местожителство : SF
    Humor : crazy and addicted

Писане by smile Чет Ное 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Exclusive Audio: Frank Cascio Reads the Prologue to “My Friend Michael”

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/11/15/exclusive-audio-frank-cascio-reads-the-prologue-to-my-friend-michael
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Сря Ное 23, 2011 12:45 am

Michael’s driver and friend-Gokor was interviewed by a local Armenian channel shortly after the ‘memorial”(Gokor is Armenian). One day Gokor was driving Michael to an important meeting, Mike as usual was looking out of the window watching people outside and the red light went and they stopped.

There was a little girl with her mum on the pavement, she was playing with her ball while her mum was busy talking on the phone and then the girl’s ball rolled onto the motorway and the girl ran out to get it, and as she was doing so the green light for the cars turned back on and a car continued heading in the direction of the little girl.

Mike was following all of this happening and at that moment he openned the car door and ran out of his car to save the little girl. Gokor didn’t have enough time to figure out what was happening as all he could see was a car heading MJ’s way and he thought he was going to die. Luckily they both managed to make it across the street and the mother pulled her daughter away from the road.

When Michael got back into the car he and Gokor were trembling with shock and Mike was in tears over the thought that the car might have run the little girl down, but at that moment Michael hadn’t cared about his own life, he was ready to save the girl.

The driver also said that Michael used to disguise himself and take a mini cab with Gokor and they would go out to ice-crem shops and wait in queues and nobody would know that Michael Jackson was near them.

Once when they were waiting in line, Michael asked Gokor to tell the old lady who was next to them that he (Gokor) would pay for her. The lady turned Gokor down several times, finally Gokor turned around to Michael and said loudly: “You see MICHAEL JACKSON she doesn’t want me to.”

After that everyone turned to look at them and the old lady couldn’t believe it, she went down on her knees, was trembling and crying with shock. Michael helped her to stand up, held her, kissed her and then paid for ice-cream for everyone in the shop.
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Пет Дек 23, 2011 8:55 am

Lenny Kravitz speaks very highly of Michael on 'Piers Morgan Tonight'

Другите за него с думи - Page 6 Lenny-kravitz-smoking-weed

MORGAN: Of all of the things that you've experienced in your extraordinary career and life, if I could give you five minutes to replay one of them again, what would it be? What's been the most magical? Forget women or children or births of a child. Obviously, that's different. But what's the career moment where if you had the chance, you'd relive it?

KRAVITZ: The career moment. Wow. You know, I -- I've had so many where I had to pinch myself.

MORGAN: What was the biggest pinch?

KRAVITZ: Being -- probably producing Michael Jackson. And there's been a lot of great ones, but that was something extraordinary.

MORGAN: What made it so extraordinary?

KRAVITZ: Well, the fact that, you know, I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't seen the Jackson Five when I was six years old. That was the first concert that I had ever been to. My father took me to Madison Square Garden to see them. And it changed everything.

The universe was a different place the next day. I was completely blown away by the music, the talent, the whole experience. And here I am in the studio. I had written a song for Michael. And he's standing there, telling me to be very hard on him, I want to do this exactly the way you see it, so stop me every time it's not the way you want it and so forth.

And we're just getting into it. We're working together. And we ended up spending, you know, a week together in the studio. It was just unbelievable.

MORGAN: What kind after man was he? For real.

KRAVITZ: I thought that he, first of all, was just a beautiful being. Extremely professional, a perfectionist. Still having the passion all those years later, you know? He would stay, work all day and night, come back the next day, all day and night. He hadn't lost that.

A great father. He was amazing with his children. I spent time with the kids. We were all in the studio. Zoe would come and we would all hang out together. He was a very good father. And he was funny. Very funny.

MORGAN: Great sense of humor.

KRAVITZ: We laughed all the time. And he could eat more than you think.

MORGAN: Really? He had all of the energy to burn off, all of the dancing.

KRAVITZ: Yeah.

MORGAN: Incredible talent. The greatest I've ever seen.

KRAVITZ: The greatest ever. I would agree with that.

MORGAN: How did you feel when you heard what happened to him? And there's sort of mixed thoughts from people that knew him well, that there was a kind of inevitability in the way his life was going, and that actually for somebody like Michael Jackson -- I don't want this to sound callus -- but actually not getting old may have been something that wouldn't have been his worst nightmare.

KRAVITZ: It was interesting. I heard you speaking to Jane Fonda about that. She had spoken about that. I mean, I was obviously devastated. I was blown away. I found out on stage in Scotland, as I was coming off and getting ready to go back on for an encore. And they told me and I had to go back out.

I mean, I -- it's -- it's extremely sad. I mean, I -- I was really looking forward to seeing him come back and do those shows, even though I knew, like, wow, 50 shows, that's -- that's really serious.

MORGAN: I mean, is his legacy going to be that, of our lifetime -- because you get the older generation saying Sammy Davis pretty well the greatest entertainer of that era, whatever. Do you think of our lifetime, Michael Jackson was the best?

KRAVITZ: Of course. You can't touch it.

MORGAN: The greatest naturally gifted, as you said earlier?

KRAVITZ: Yes.

MORGAN: Entertainer of them all?

KRAVITZ: Yes, completely. I think people -- people think about Michael Jackson and his solo career, which was obviously phenomenal. But the deepest genius I saw him in was when he was a child. I think that he was -- he was a child and he sang with the same talent and soul and intensity of an Aretha Franklin or a James Brown or any great vocalist.

andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Чет Мар 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Only parts related to Michael are below.

Teddy Riley Runs Down His Entire Catalogue Ft. Keith Sweat, Guy, Bobby Brown, Michael Jackson, Blackstreet, and Lady Gaga

http://www.vibe.com/photo-galleries/full-clip-teddy-riley-runs-down-his-entire-catalogue-ft-keith-sweat-guy-bobby-brow-0?page=13#node-title

Dangerous—Michael Jackson (1991)

“I was the scariest person on earth when I met Michael Jackson [laughs]. When I first met him he scared the [crap] out of me…literally. I was at his compound in a room that [housed] all his accomplishments. I saw his humanitarian awards…all of that stuff. And there was also a chessboard there in the middle of the room. So I’m touching it because it’s gold and platinum. And when I put my hand on the first piece Michael had his hand on my shoulder. And all I could do was fall to the ground. All I saw was Michael laughing. That put me at ease because usually when you are touching somebody’s stuff in their house they look at you funny, but Michael just laughed. My heart was calmed down, until it was time for us to go into the studio to work on Dangerous. But before that whole experience of working with Michael I was going through a big transition in my life.

Like I said, I lost both my brother and best friend. So, right after that Guy show I’m driving in my Ferrari. I had gone through so much and all I wanted to do was produce. So I get a call on my cell phone from Michael Jackson! He’s telling me that he wants to work with me! Michael was like, ‘Can you be here next week?’ That was the transition between Guy and me taking my career to the next level. I was struggling. I had moved back to the projects. I was going from hotel to hotel. And you know what saved me on my way to working with Michael? It was doing the remix to Jane Child’s ‘Don’t Wanna Fall In Love’. I can remember being in a hotel and Benny Medina (influential label executive) called me. He’s like, ‘I really want you to do this Jane Child remix because I want it to go urban…it’s too white’ Now, I already loved ‘Don’t Wanna Fall In Love’. It’s a record that I had wished I produced. And then Benny calls me! Funny how the universe works. I knew I was going to tear that remix up.

That song saved my life. I’m thinking $20,000 for that remix. I thought it would help me pay off my credit card because that’s all I had. I was on the outs with Zomba, so I wasn’t getting any money from publishing. They thought I was stocking songs away. But Benny got me $75,000! That money got my family back to New York. I was ready to move everyone to New Jersey to a three flat condo. But my mom told me she wasn’t going to move in with us until I brought her a house. And then my brother Brandon was shot. This was all in my mind going into Dangerous.

Bringing back Michael to his R&B roots is something that I stood for. I didn’t just want to go the pop route because that’s not what he called me for. He called me for that New Jack Swing. That’s what he wanted and that’s what he got. When I was working on ‘Remember The Time’ this was at the same time I was doing a remix for ‘D-O-G Me Out’ in one room, ‘Don’t Wanna Fall In Love’ in another room, and all of the other tracks I was presenting to Michael. I was at Sound Works studio in New York. I was using Q-Tip’s (lead MC and producer of A Tribe Called Quest) little studio he was renting out. When I told him I needed a studio to work on Michael Jackson songs he was like, ‘Oh, hell yeah!’

Working with Michael was like going to college. He basically gave me the map. He navigated me on how to actually compose. He taught me all the different ways of working with Quincy Jones and Greg Phillinganes. When I played my demos for Michael he stopped me at the fifth song, which was ‘Remember The Time.’ He took me to the back room and I thought I was going to get fired. I thought I had done something wrong, but it was a chord that he couldn’t get around. He didn’t know the church chords. The first chord you hear on ‘Remember The Time’ started off that song in a very church way. He never started off his songs in that way, and that’s why he pulled me in the back because it was so unusual for him.

Michael was testing me to see what the chord really was and what it meant to me. And he wanted me to play it right in front of him on this piano he had in his room. He was used to the straight C majors. He wasn’t used to the C augmented chords. I could say I introduced the New Jack Swing chords to him. All of those songs were great to work on: ‘In The Closet’; ‘Jam’; ‘Can’t Let Her Get Away’…that’s history for me. It was a great feeling to be a part of a huge selling album like that…over 30 million records of Dangerous.”

Invincible—Michael Jackson (2001)

“Mike and me started the Invincible album in New York. That’s when Michael built this studio for me on the top floor of a building. He had Criteria Studios build me a studio in a penthouse in two weeks. I kid you not. I went home and Michael was like, ‘Go home…the studio will be built in two weeks.’ We finished everything else in Miami. When I started working on Invincible one of the songs that stood out for me was ‘Whatever Happens.’ It came from an artist that was signed to my label. We were going to sign him to Interscope, but this guy started tripping out. So I ended up going to the writers of that song and asked them could I produce the song for Michael. They let me do it. I told the label that I wanted a 40-piece orchestra to do strings on this record. And I told Michael that it would be great to have Carlos Santana on the song because of the guitars on there. Michael was like, ‘Okay, we will make that happen.’

I wanted ‘Whatever Happens’ to be special. But we had a problem. Santana didn’t want to leave the house at that time. He told us, ‘This is family time.’ He takes time out, for months, to spend with his family. So anything that would have to be done would be done at his home, so we went to his home studio. Santana was such a good guy…very spiritual. And he is a very big fan of my idol Miles Davis. This dude had a Miles Davis guitar and all these performances on video. During the guitar track to ‘Whatever Happens’ Santana was doing the whistling that you hear. And Michael loved it. I remember his excitement over the record. He said, ‘Let’s keep it!’ So we are working on the Invincible album and around the same time I invited Michael to Virginia. That was moment Virginia had a real respect for me. They were like, ‘If he could bring Michael Jackson to Virginia as well as Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, he’s bringing revenue to the state. So we have to respect him.’ And I’m talking about getting respect from the political side.

I was in so much mess with this album [laughs]. Michael had me responsible for so many things. I remember Tommy Motolla (one-time head of Sony Music Entertainment) cursing me out telling me, ‘This will be the end of your career if you don’t turn over those masters!’ I had no idea that Michael had told him I had the masters [laughs]. I called him up and said, ‘My God Michael…you put me in trouble with Tommy Motolla. Do you know who Tommy Motolla is? But I ended up helping Michael. I took the masters and I held them for him. Michael was upset with the marketing plans for the Invincible record. I was going to stand behind Michael and that’s what I did. To me it was an album that was going to do the big numbers. But when Michael saw the marketing plans he told me, ‘I’ll be surprised if this album does only two million.’ They took money from his budget, too. I didn’t care about anything else. I just believed in Michael.”

Michael—Michael Jackson (2010)

“If Michael was still alive I would have been even happier with this album. Because I would be getting the actual vocals right there. I had to deal with what I had. I kind of got scrutinized for some of the things I said about this album. I want people to know that it’s not that I didn’t believe it was Michael’s voice on those songs. I just know what I was trying to bring to that project. ‘Hollywood Tonight’ really signified making Michael upbeat and funky again. When I did that song, I really felt Michael the most. I felt Michael the most on that track because it was like I was holding back tears and holding onto my heart all at the same time. When I heard Michael singing on that song it got me very emotional.

I felt the same way when I heard Michael singing on those two Neff-U songs (‘(I Like) The Way You Love Me’ and ‘Best of Joy’).’ Those songs made me feel like Michael was in the room with me. Talking about Michael at this day and time is really bringing back so many memories…things that make me wish he was still here. At one point when I was working on that last Michael album I couldn’t move forward. I couldn’t do what I wanted to do because he wasn’t there with me. But I had to complete it as if he was there. It was always about Michael’s legacy.”
    andeli
    andeli
    Админ/Създател
    Админ/Създател

Писане by andeli Нед Сеп 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Sponsored content

Писане by Sponsored content

В момента е: Вто Май 14, 2024 11:59 pm